Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I’m reading the book “Blue Like Jazz” on the recommendation of many friends.

His writing style is very entertaining. One chapter is called “Faith – Penguin sex”. Yup, that sums it up for me. He is very open and honest about this dilemma of following an invisible God. He compares it to an inner instinct that tells me that my hunches are right in that there is a creator and he loves me more than life itself. You can not reason with it although I have tried. You can not convince some one of it – yes I tried that too. You can not prove it – you can’t prove love either but it exists. You can seek all you want with you senses and logic but He is seeking you. It is as if it chooses you not you choose it. I trust that this somehow makes sense.

Nonetheless, get the book and soak it up. Some great material in there that a lot you us have struggled with and he has a way of putting it on pages.