Monday, April 18, 2005

“Going through life and seeing targets on those who don’t believe.”

Or something like that is what Greg mentioned last night. It was a good time for all 20 of us (sarcasm for those bean counters out there) that went to the gathering. That phrase, however, got me thinking a bit. You meet a new neighbor, coworker whatever and instead of attempting to hear what the other person has to offer via conversations, you see them only as one who needs Jesus. While that may be true I remember that during those conversations I was too preoccupied on pointing the discussion towards God and religion. I couldn’t enjoy the other person’s thoughts and see their experiences because dammit, they needed God! Sad I guess.

One of the many things that I have learned here on my spiritual awakening trip to Las Vegas (let it be known that it sure as hell wasn’t a financial one) was that I needed to see people, all people as a gift of sorts. I needed to see them in their light and hear from their past and find value in that. Regardless of political, spiritual and other fronts that we may have, each one of us is valuable to my Father and I needed to so desperately see that. While it may be a good thing, not everyone can think like me and have the same passions that I have.

I think that I enjoy people more than ever now. I let the subject of my Father come up in conversations only when the other person invites it. While this may piss some of you off, it allows me to see the person in his light without my influence. All I am is a farmer who scatters seed; all I’m doing is bettering my aim.