Sunday, March 27, 2005

Last night we watched the Passion. I about popped during some of the torture scenes but I made it through without “spillin’ my cookies”.

I was taken back during the cross scene and I felt the best line in the whole movie was “my God…….my God why have you forsaken me?” Gibson caught this perfectly and convincingly. It truly conveyed the statement that God never left Jesus but this was Jesus first and only time when he couldn’t see Father because he became sin. It was a scream like that of a little child who lost his parents in a very strange and dangerous place and for me that made it very hard to watch. Today I celebrate His life. Today, while I must look back at the pure and perfect pain that He endured, I am free. Free from bondage to death. Free to walk with my Father and never have to be separated from Him screaming out “Daddy…. Daddy, I can’t find you!!”