Monday, February 07, 2005

Rarely will you ever hear me comment on something good coming out of prime time TV. The shows that I have seen never reflect the American spirit or any values whatsoever. I could give you many examples but the gist is the audience gets thrill over watching someone get put down. In reality, Jerry Springer’s fingerprint is everywhere. Save for one show - Extreme Makeover – Home Edition. Here is a great show – yes I know it is made for TV but the concept is brilliant! I dare say that I see the Father’s community more in this show than in any one building. The show rewards people coming together to lift up one family in a desperate time of need. The corporate dollars are spent on furnishings of all kinds and a lot of people donate their time and possessions. Last night, I saw a small town help out a widowed mother with two kids. Yes, I do realize that it is also TV and the actors belong on a construction site as much as I belong on a runway wearing only a thong but all in all, it is a TV show that promotes good things instead of nudity or negativity. (Sorry for the graphics, had to. By the way, I have lost 12 lbs so far on my dieting voyage. I feel like a middle aged person smackin’ my butt and saying “Damn! Would you look at that!)