Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Here is the crap that is in my head.

No it isn’t another rant, not at all. We, me and the miss, watched “The People I Know” last night starring Al Pacino. I got a glimpse of a life lived without hope and it was most disturbing. The acting was outstanding as would be with Al and it was directed very well – I would recommend it (NEVER get me on the subject of Napoleon Dynamite – I would rather hit my thumb with a hammer than to watch that movie again – humorous it was not and all of the characters were retarded and acted the same, no plot, no point, and the props seemed to have more personification than the people in the movie – did I tell you that I hated it? – awe crap, I’m on the subject of that flippin’ movie). Now back to the program…

I seem to be content in my walk with my Father. I know the word content should never be mentioned in the same sentence because we are to strive to perfection – but what fun would that be. Always trying to figure out who or what God or church is and never sitting back and looking at its beauty. Been there, done that tired of it. I am beginning to realize that God is too big for us to try to comprehend. If he reveals himself to us we should marvel at it and at the least take notes. However, this life lived is too short for us to struggle for the rest of our lives on attempting to know God deeper than we did yesterday. It is after all Faith and Faith alone. For something that is so easy to see we sure have a hard time seeing it. Take for example Trinity: our nature is to be with others and living with others hand in hand just as the Father, the Son and the Spirit are intertwined. Now I’m not saying that we should forsake to learn the principles set forth by the Son. What I am saying is that these principles at its base require a deep change and from that the principles flow freely. This is the life lived by the Son. His work was not on the laws for they prove our inadequacies. His work was on the soul that when we realize that we will never live up to the laws, we can only look to the Father and be loved. Of all the things that I struggle with there is one thing that I am positive of – my King loves me more that I can comprehend and for me, that is good enough.