Wednesday, November 10, 2004

One political blog and I’ll shut up

Yup…Bush won. Let it be. Will he destroy this country? No. If Kerry was elected, would he destroy this country? No. This is reality. Why did Bush win? I think it was because of many things. A few:
1) Everyone knew where Bush stood. Like it or not, they knew what he would do. Kerry continually said “go to my website to see my plan”. This doesn’t work for the normal person. They want up front actual ideas. Something other that a “smarter war” but when pressed, the answer was – we are not completely sure and we will have to review the current situation prior to telling you what will be smarter about the war.
2) “Tax cuts for the rich” doesn’t pack much of a punch when deep down every taxpayer received a tax cut. Rich or poor, they all got one and everyone recognized, including Allen Greenspan (chairman of the Fed), that the economy was tanking prior to and after 9/11 and the tax cuts gave the economy the boost it needed.
3) Most Americans like Bush as a person. He is a very personable guy that most people can relate to. Kerry however never showed who he really was. He always presented himself as a very stiff boring guy – much like Bob Dole.
4) Michael Moor. I have yet to meet someone who can verify all the facts on his “documentary” as truth. Even Moore can’t do it. It is people like this that will ruin the Democrat party. You will never win any election based on hate.
5) Of those that I met who were voting for Kerry, I would ask why. The most overwhelming answer was that they thought Bush was stupid etc. – again hate. In reality, the war was more often than not the most influential factor. However, their anger was misdirected at Bush instead of the circumstances (terrorist threat) that got us to war and the majority saw this clearly.

I will say that the elections gave me the chance to talk to many people that I would have never talked to. Most were intriguing and some were disappointing to see that much hate. I hope that the hate will disperse and the Moores out there will attempt to change the world in a calmer matter. Hope.