Monday, October 18, 2004

Have you ever shot cola out your nose? I just did when I read that Tommy voted for George Bush. What was it? My constant badgering? Maybe it was all of those bumper stickers? I know…. I prayed that he would vote for Bush. HEE HEE! Cool man.
Stupid... yes – humor me.

I was at the barber shop last Wednesday and I got into a discussion/debate with a “born again” atheist. When I heard this man, who by the way was well into his 60’s, telling his barber that he thought that religion was stupid and foolish I had to join in and some other things about stem cell research. I wasn’t there to beat him over the head with my bible and get him to profess Christ in 20 minutes – the way I would of 5 years ago. I was there to interview him – only. I asked some pretty tough questions about the origins of life and where he received his morals from mostly, I was very curious. He skipped the origins part and took the morals part well. I found in the 20 minutes before he had to go that I had more in common with him that not. He was adamantly against religion and said that it was the most repressive thing out there. I agree. He also said that religion should be out of our government and our schools. I also agreed. He said that he came from an atheist home and that he learned to love through his family – in fact he has been married to his wife for 43 years. He said that all of his morals came from love. I told him that I was a disciple of Jesus and that everything that I have learned comes from love as well. We parted after his hair cut. He came back in and shook my hand and said it was a great discussion. I agreed.

The most interesting thing is that if it wasn’t for the elections that are coming, we probably wouldn’t have ever said a word to each other.