Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Christians and peace signs.

Maybe I’m a bit too “radical” (never been called that, but there is always a first time for everything) but the word Christian is about as effective nowadays as someone holding up their two fingers and saying peace. Do they mean it? Do they intentionally mean to say that they wish for world peace? I’d say no. The term Christian used to put fear into the hearts of governments. The term Christian instigated violent persecution to any person who mentioned the name. Why? I don’t see to many people being chased down the streets with baseball bats today. No, in fact, I see no persecution other than when some one gets an email stating that their last political email that was broadcasted was proven false. I’m not trying to be argumentative but the passion for my Father has diminished and is no longer recognizable by his people. More so, any genuine passion that is generated in the hearts of individuals for the Father usually ends up turning into a program or is diminished by other believers as nonsense. I guess for that matter who needs persecutors when other Christians will be more than happy to do it for them.

I guess all in all, I’m not happy with the current state of the church (not structure I mean people). The bickering, the comparing, and the questioning… it all makes me uneasy. Look, I know that I too have had my fair share of mud tossing. It was and still is something that I am going through. I trust that, you the reader understand that I want a God given passion that comes through deep searching. If you are not willing to search yourself and struggle in your faith, you will never find that true passion because it will be all second hand information. I now desire to be occasionally wrong because that is where Father is at work in me.

“We would rather be ruined than changed. We would rather die in our dread than climb the cross of the moment and let our illusions die.” W. H. Auden