Saturday, September 18, 2004

A little something about my treasures.

I have noticed a substantial difference between my daughter’s growing process and my boys. My boys are into lightsabers, swords, Harry Potter, and any costume that will over come evil wherever it may rear its ugly head. They are males in the purest since. Their natural desire is to be warriors, much like their father, who will stop at nothing to slay any dragon that comes anywhere near his girl (Tera). Granted those dragons are usually 1:1000 scale miniature dragons commonly known as bugs – but nonetheless just as potent as a real dragon. They mimic any and all “lethal” forms of martial arts that their imagination can fathom. Often times they utilize these moves on each other until the opponent taps out and tells mom. My sons are the greatest adventures and explorers. I watch them swing on invisible zip cords to the ground below. Their attention to every detail could put Jaque Crousto to shame.

As for my daughter: One glance at me and she can have anything she wants. She is a miniature Tera. She will at times attempt to wrestle her dad along with her brothers but mostly it is an excuse to just lean on me and try her best to give me a slobbering kiss. She longs to go beyond the baby gate to acquire her little toy pots and pans, just to bring them back and show everyone her treasures. When her little feelings get hurt, and they do – often, she will sit back and cry the girliest cry ever observed on the face of this planet. Squeezing her eyes, tilting her head back and crying a river, taking a breath and a glance (to make sure someone is watching) and cry some more. I await her growth fearing my unavoidable broken heart. The greatest thing is she thinks I can rope the moon and asks for no proof.

Still these memories will be engrained in my heart forever.