Thursday, July 08, 2004

Of all the 11 comments on my previous post, none were about the main point of my blog about hate. I find that disturbing. I don’t think that I have been this serious about one thing before.

I read Paul’s writings to the churches. All I see is pure passion about the Father and his Son. It is the gospel, gospel, gospel and then the gospel. Paul’s passion for it made him. He never deviated from that. I never heard him boasting about what he had or didn’t have. I never heard him speak of how wrong those pagans were for driving this or eating that. NONE of this happened. He was focused on only one thing. Obviously this could be easily said of Jesus and this was one of Jesus’ main concerns. That we all “get along”. That people will know that we are followers of the Master because of our love for each other. Yet all I see is separation. Call it denominations, differences of opinions; call it what you will, but it has made us weak. And now I see it creeping in my family. I will not stand by and watch it happen. I can say that all of us are distracted on small ventures of doing something that we have a soft spot for. All the while our heads are turned from the Father.

This year we went on a retreat and, what I thought, discovered some life changing things about this so called faith. Strangely enough, I rarely hear about it with the exception of maybe three people. Why? This was all new to all of us. Yet we never digested it. Why? Was it because we were all too busy? We had other, more pressing things to attend to. I AM GUILTY OF THIS. This world is pointless. Nothing matters except for the Father. Everything else is a distraction from Him.