Saturday, July 10, 2004

It's all about the music…

As I was driving into work this morning I plugged in a “Time Life” worship set. Normally I would never buy worship CDs, but there is a song that my boys love. They think its Gene or Adam playing it.

I started to get a “vision” of what we will be doing when we are all together with the Master. I wonder what it would be like to never get tired and dance forever. I wonder what it would be like to loose all inhibitions and praise Him like you always wanted to. I saw a concert that had the energy of a thousand locomotives. The music was so loud that you insides vibrated along with the chorus and my ears weren’t distorted and they didn’t hurt. I then saw the Master in the midst of us dancing with joy along with us. It seemed that he was having the most fun of all of us – mainly because he was with his children and nothing could be better than that. Not in heaven or in this world. Imagine living with a God that created joy and who is the master of bliss. I think that I am starting to learn what that is all about - or at least attempting to scratch the surface. It sure is captivating. We, who are His children, have nothing to be sad about because we are in the Kingdom of God right now. Or should I say that though the Kingdom is all around us, we live in this mortal world and so we experience things and sadness is one of them. Either way, I desire to see more joy on the faces of those who know the Father.

So perk up, pop in a worship CD, play it as loud as you can, and look like a fool at the stop light. What do you have to loose?
“….A crescendo of voices in Heaven sang out, ‘The kingdom of the world is now the Kingdom of our God and his Messiah! He will rule forever and ever!’”