Saturday, June 12, 2004

I feel bad that my friend has to apologize for the “lack of communication” regarding the whole Apex thing. For as long as I can remember, Apex has been beating people over their heads about this whole church thing (I’ve got this whole thing going on – how you like?). Apex has been saying “get into a community of people” – and by the way, if I mention community again I’ll pop. Hell, most churches in our culture say to “get connected” in some way shape or form. I know that most of them are saying this out of a desire for you to keep coming back and giving your money to them so that they can build another building on their 40 acre plot of land all in order to serve their people and keeping their eyes shut as they watch a struggling, single mom walk in with her three kids and knowing all the while that she really could use an extra $20k to pay off just one of her credit cards. Oh but that wouldn’t be very productive because it is obvious that she can’t handle money. Please don’t reply that there isn’t any one struggling mom that is in your church system. That is the only reason that they are there – in hopes that they might find shelter. I hope that I am not being to blunt – please forgive me.
Tangent – sorry.
I am a little tired of people scratching their ….head about what are they going to do with the other three days of the month now that Apex will not be serving their needs. Here’s a thought – start serving someone else’s needs. Maybe just maybe you’ll get a true taste of what the Kingdom of God is all about. I got to tell you guys, the core of Apex has it right. Of all the churches that I’ve seen, Apex’s “leaders” truly seek the will of God and they don’t give a damn how popular it is. They tell you to get into a house church not to make them more money (as far as I know, they probably lost more “tithing” because of this concept), they tell you this because they know that you will learn and grow more rapidly in this system of exploration than the current system of stagnation. Those of you that have been coming to the Sunday night Show can see something different than the other churches – that is the only reason that you would come on a regular basis. Instead of just sitting there being entertained, haven’t you heard any of what Joe, Greg, or Jeremy have been saying? What about all of the “retreats” that you have been on? Have the messages fallen on deaf ears? Or did you go just for the comfortable beads?
If I come across as a little angry, I am. I am disappointed in the attitude that many of you have taken. I can’t understand that you say that you read the bible but never act on the message that was given to you time and time again. The Father wants you to live an adventurous life and more importantly, he wants to live it with you.