Saturday, June 19, 2004

Apex thoughts part II

The phrase “sounds like a lot of work to me” keeps coming to mind (thanks to Wayne). The walk with the Father isn’t supposed to be complicated. If it is, something has become too worldly. This life is way too important to be sidetracked with trying to figure out what “church” is. There is too much at stake to be quivering about the quantity or quality of one perceived church. If that is what it has become for you, I feel bad. This spiritual walk is supposed to be smooth. Remember what it was like to not know the Father? And now that you know Him, look at the life he has given you. See the peace that has surrounded you? It is the essence of beauty. Out of that beauty life flows abundantly. The relationships that you have received, through Christ, are also effortless. The conversations from spiritual families that you know now seem to sprout up everywhere you go. This all doesn’t happen because you forced it to. All of this is from the Father’s love for you. So bask in it and enjoy those that walk along side of you on this journey. Why worry about an organization? Let the Father give you these gifts and you just spend time enjoying them. Make some phone calls and meet on Sunday night at the park if that does it for you.
I am grateful for the family that the Father has given to me. I ache for them when they are away from us for a longer period of time (more than 3 days). Gene and Adam always are there for me. They know me almost as much as my beautiful wife – not more cuse that aint right?. I feel like Serenity is my daughter. Some of our family has been away for 3 weeks and we miss them terribly. This is family, because I prayed and fasted to God that I wanted a family and that if he gave me one I would never ask for anything again– NOT. It fell into my lap. If you heard about our past you would see that the odds of us becoming a family were totally against us. I guess that all I’m trying to say is that keep your head up. The path to completion sometimes isn’t beautiful, but just wait to see what he has in store for us.