Saturday, May 08, 2004

I saw “the last samurai” last night. I now want to join an army that uses only swords and arrows in combat. I know that I would be one badass with a blade in my hand. As I watched the movie, I, for a brief moment, had no fear of dieing. In fact, I saw that it would be a great honor to die for a cause that you believed in so much. I have no cause save one – my King. However, I don’t think that he would prefer that I wield a samurai sword towards the enemy. But you never know, you just never know.

Now I am going to write my wife a letter for mother’s day. I’m not a fan of “greeting” cards. I think it is rather bland. “Here, I went and bought you this piece of paper for $4.99 and I can’t remember what it says, but you’ll like it. You wana know why? Cause I went to the store and spent $4.99 on a piece of paper.” I figure that if I spend time and reflect on how my wife has blossomed into this woman that contains more love than any other person I have ever met in my life. In my opinion, mother Teresa ain’t got squat compared to my wife. She has the energy to play with my kids at their level; looking eye to eye with them and making them feel like they are the most important princes and princess on this earth. She does this all day and then when I get home, she makes me dinner, never uttering a complaint. We spend the rest of the evening together with the kids until it is time for bead. We tuck them in and they start the routine. Both boys, in an obsessive compulsive disorder like fashion, ask us to “check on them again and again and to leave the door like that”, and they each repeat this phrase at least twice. It is then that we go and snuggle on the couch while I complain about messaging her exhausted shoulders. Yup, that’s right, I complain about it. Looking back at this, I suck! I have a beautiful woman that wants to spend all of her time with me and I complain about a little messaging. Well, no more says I! I shall message with new found vigor. I will also enjoy every moment that I have remaining with this angel that God gave me so long ago.

Well that’s pretty much it. Now I’ll just copy and paste on to a piece of paper.