Saturday, January 17, 2004

“This town needs an enema!!” – Jack Nicloas as the Joker in Batman

This quaint phrase kept repeating itself in my mind Friday at 5 in the morning at the hospital. My precious son Clay was in sever pain and there wasn’t anything that I could do as a daddy to stop it. To watch him scream in agony will scar my mind forever. The only thing that I did was pray with him and ask Jesus to make the pain stop. There is nothing more painful than to watch the object of your love go through something like this. The doctor came in and poked, prodded, stuck the light thing in his ear and said he wanted an x-ray. After the doctor left, Tera said that he seemed much better and his remark was “of course, me and daddy prayed”. An hour later, he came back and said “just what I had thought, he is constipated. I will send a nurse in to relieve him.” There is nothing happier than to hear those words come from the doctor. To know that my son was to receive an enema to relieve his pain and that they were not going to use the enema on me, it gave me such joy that these simple words could not express.
It just goes to show you that a little prayer and a little enema combined can be a very powerful force – not one to be reckoned with.