Saturday, January 10, 2004

Blessings

It is because of Christ that I have the money that I have today. – I have heard this statement all too often from people far and near. I get rather insulted when someone spews these words from their mouth. I am aware of many of my people who are in foreign prisons, torture chambers and who are, or their children are, beaten daily for the God that they serve. I don’t think that you would hear them ever say such a stupid statement. Mostly the anger is that, in their view, God must like some and torment others – mainly yours truly. Although these past two years have been intensely exciting, I don’t blame God in any way. In fact, I see it as He put me on this earth to do his will and how I earn my way is entirely up to me. God will see that I am taken care of. Sure, my life on earth will pale in comparison to that which awaits me, but that statement would be just as true to Bill Gates as it is for Andrew Hrashman. Our life, that God lives in us, has absolutely nothing to do with money and success. If this statement were false, why did Jesus live as a homeless preacher for three years? If this statement were false, why didn’t Jesus commit more time teaching us how to be successful in the world of sin and death, instead of life in the kingdom?

If you really want to know what does it for me, I’ll tell you. My first gift is my beautiful wife. She is more than a partner, or a friend, or a lover – she is my utmost example of what heaven will be like. She is also the main way that I experience a glimpse of the love that the Father has for me. She loves me beyond reason. I am nothing without her. My heart seems to beat differently when she is in sight.

Next are my kids. I did not have a prominent father figure while I was growing up, now days that seems to be the norm. Regardless, Clay, Damon and Ella are growing up in my house and I couldn’t be happier. Clay loves to play xbox games with me and, though he is only 5 years old, he is outstanding at it. Damon’s second home is my garage which coincidentally is mine as well. Ella is 4 months right now and when she smiles at me, she makes my day. Each one is different and each is in their different stages (Damon seems to despise clothes for some reason – I can’t blame him, after all, freedom is where it’s at) and all are pure examples of how the Father loves me. Each one has possession of my heart. Not each one has a part of my heart, but each one has my entire heart. I do not understand this phenomenon, but I love each one entirely with my whole being.