Wednesday, December 03, 2003

I think it is safe to say that I suck at poems. This one represents my current state of thoughts. I am learning to let God love me like he has always wanted to. And by the way, I suck at that too.

You’ve been here my whole life
Watching every thing that I do
There have been days that
I’ve completely turned against you

I seem to find myself empty
You see my pain with open arms
I’ve been loved through all this
Always keeping me away from harm

I run to you with a limp
You see me as a work of art
I am worthless before you
You hold me dear to your heart

I have seen you my whole life
Even when I didn’t want to
There has been so much sorrow
You’ve held me to see it through

I am now seeing your love
I was timid, wet and cold
Now I feel your warmth
It is purer than gold

True, you are my God my King
But now I see you without fear
I see your love, infatuation and resolve
Still you wipe away my every tear

For years I have struggled for your favor
I can see that it was all in vain
I beat myself up reading and prayin’
You watched as I caused myself pain


There is nothing that I can do
But be loved by you.