Friday, October 03, 2003

Questions

I can’t think of any. Shit!




Oh wait, here is some.

These are in my head and my heart. I ask them out of wonder and out of deep love. These are asked not out of disrespect.

As disciples, are we supposed to ask for forgiveness for each and every time we cuss, lust and fuss or is it part of living in the kingdom and we are supposed to walk in His forgiveness knowing that it is our life’s work to turn from things of this world?

Is it wrong to be successful? Meaning is it wrong to have monetary success and have a nice house and a car? If yes is the answer, then why is heaven’s streets lined with gold? Why did Jesus have no problem with a woman pouring perfume over his feet that had a value of $50,000 (or a year’s wages)? If the answer is yes, why did God grant Solomon riches along with wisdom?

Do the rich need to be saved or are they doomed after $100k?

How does flipping off a Hummer further the kingdom of God?

How did Jesus hang out with hookers, drug dealers and the poor without talking like them (cut out the political correctives b.s)?

Why can’t I heal someone with cancer? Not pray for them, hug them and love them – I mean a genuine walk up and show the power of my God kind of healing?

Are we supposed to give to people who don’t work (2 Thes. 3)?