Wednesday, October 08, 2003

The preacher in training (Keith) said something profound! “We realized, why don’t we feel better, if in fact we are the church. We are leaving out many of the activities the church practices, so Allan and I read Corinthians to each other, it was amazing, it read like new, it revitalized me. Ramon and i prayed together. These things along with singing hymns and spiritual songs, confessing, memorizing scripture, all combine with the sharing of possessions we are trying to practice, the loving we are trying to do. Joe said yesterday, and alluded to Dietrich Bonhoeffer who said, the concerning my interaction with the community only works when the Christ in us, talks to the Christ in you, through Christ (due to our weakness and depravity). Kind of extreme, but a good point, and it has truth, we are bad at lovingly talking to each other, I’m bad at getting my point across at all with some people, I need Jesus to translate, and to help me know what to say, and know how to say it. Our weakness is his strength.”

Have you ever met someone that has similar passions as you do? Three years ago I met a man just like this. When we talked, our minds were in tune. When we searched for Him, we complimented our findings. We experienced the kingdom, life and joy together. It was strange. There has only been one other person in my life that has this similar attribute and I married her. This relationship, I think, is comparable to Paul and Silas, or David and Jonathon. Anyway, he went to Phoenix to learn how to make guitars and maybe further the kingdom along the way. It has been 2 months or so and it is safe to say, I miss him. I feel silent and contained. There is a great spiritual bond that we have and it seems like it is in hiatus. Although he is away, I still get to visit his beautiful family from time to time.

Gene I hope that you are doing well brother. Take comfort, our God is with your wife and daughter. I am praying for you. On our next meeting, we will have to share our adventures of late over a glass of 18 year old scotch.

Keith – keep up the profound statements but don’t limit it to once a week for 45 minutes on a stage ;)
Peace