Monday, October 20, 2003

Money, religion, politics

Of all the fore mentioned items, I do believe that I have a decent grasp on the latter two. Hopefully the money will come to me some day – soon I hope (all this hard work for nothing is a hard one to swallow).

For the most part, I usually discuss my thoughts on “religion”. This is my passion and it is what I live for – if for no other purpose but to serve my King. However, I have been studying politics, laws, history and society for most of my life. I had a teacher in high school and one in college that made these subjects intriguing for me and I have been hooked ever since.

Lately, I have been reading “Who is Looking Out For You?” by Bill O’Riley. I like Bill. He is very analytical and he doesn’t take one side of the argument and run with it. One of the things that I admire about him is that nobody is free from his inspection. Left and right sides of the arguments are scrutinized. He researches the subject and comes up with his own logical conclusion that is based on facts– this is a quality that, in journalism, you rarely see.

As I watch the local and world news, I see the media lean more to one side of the argument than the other. Examples: Israel and Palestine, the former race for governor of California and “global warming”: all of these have been slanted so far that you never hear the other side of the argument and therefore you can’t decide for yourself. I thought that the job of the media was to present the facts in a story and not to write their own story? Because of my skepticism of the media and politicians, I prefer to look at all sides of the argument and not take one side or the other. If I do end up going with one side, it will be based on facts not rage. Most of us will deny that the news events and political matters will shape our thoughts and life but it is truth. It shapes our society and even art and music.

I know that my thoughts on these subjects will piss some people off, but if is really makes you mad, get your own damn blog site.