Saturday, September 06, 2003

Ella Brooke arrived in our life last Friday. Damn, we make beautiful babies. She looks like clay when he was new except she looks like a girl and she has a sweet girl cry and she has cute little girl hair and she has such beautiful eyes and she looks a lot like her mom and I am in love with her. Life is sweet. Sleep is precious. God is good.

I feel restless. My spiritual life is limp at best. I haven’t had time to talk to those that challenge and stimulate me. Lately, I dust my bible more times than I read it. I pray fewer times than I need it. I am frustrated. I see all of the potential that is brewing out there and all I can do is wait for God to work. That is not a simple thing for me to do. I am not a patient person. I get antsy just waiting for a package to be shipped from UPS even when I know the delivery date.

I feel that our life here on earth is short – for everybody. I also want to use my time to its fullest. As a result, I get irritated at myself and the mundane things in life – those that have no spiritual significance, those that divert our attention off of our quest, and those that encourage laziness. I want to have the passion that Jesus and his disciples had. I want to persist with my training and communication with God but I get diverted with stupid things. If I meditated on God as much as I play XBOX or watch TV, I betcha I would be one of those guys that made people throw their wheelchairs and crutches off the stage and pass out. Maybe it is a good thing that I play XBOX.
- Halleluiah