Sunday, August 03, 2003

Life as we know it

Today I passed a procession caryin’ a dead man
Who was it for?
I wandered if maybe it is to remind me
Shaking me to my very core

Jesus said let the dead bury the dead
Yet it seems so sad
Maybe that guy was then the luckiest guy
Maybe that guy lost all he had

What is this dance they call life?
Why does it seem so tough?
Try to get all the money in the world
Die’n with the most stuff

I’m slowly drowning
Grabbing yet another glass of water
I must seem so silly
I’m actin’ like I have no Father

Is there someone on the other side,
Someone I’m try’n to impress
Maybe there is something more
Something worth all this

Jesus said that we are the salt
We’re cry’n over our lives not our dead friend
We see that were runnin’ out of time but
We should know that there is no end.

I wrote this poem last year and posted it today because I thought for a moment that I had nothing much to ponder. After last night, that has changed.
“Love is the only human emotion that cannot be controlled.” – Rush Limbaugh. I don’t care if you like his ideas or not, this is a truth. After experiencing last nights gathering, I began to ponder all the people that God has put in my life since we came to Vegas. To be honest, I get quite emotional when these thoughts come to me. The love that is shared freely amongst His people – the love of last night is truly breath taking. I would like to tell every one of you thank you from the bottom of my heart. Jesus said that “greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends”. Extreme I know (Jesus tends to be that way) but, it would be an honor if it was required of me. I love you guys deeply.