Saturday, July 26, 2003

“Jesus was a white guy with fair hair and a neatly trimmed beard. A white guy told me so.”

So today I am in a genuinely pissy mood (there is a complete difference between a pissy mood and a genuinely pissy one). Maybe blogin’ will set my mind at ease. Right now an 8 year old girl just figured out that her shoes are even louder than normal when she walks a certain way. So, God bless her, she is going to walk that way until she is out of the store. Do you ever have those days that every thing you do comes out crappy. That’s right I said crappy – pray for me! I can’t seem to do anything useful today. I think days like this are why God created beverages – the good ones – the ones that cost $7.00 at a bar but yet when you sit down in front of a stupid slot machine it is free?!
Poker night is tonight. That will help greatly. Good friends, very, very good beverages, lots of fun. Oh, the things that we will discuss. I think Jesus played poker or some form of it (maybe not the strip version – I hope). There will be at least 3-4 guys there that are not “plugged in” to the system that we call church. Poker night is, in my mind, only for them: to get to know them and their world and to attempt to be a part of their life if only in a small way.
“Hey, who didn’t ante in!!”