Friday, July 11, 2003

If I were to do it all over again, I would be a professional deck hand.

I returned from my fishing trip with a new found energy. I don’t know what that means but I felt that I should say it. Being on the ocean for three days takes some getting used to. The boat sways every where. It is almost impossible to walk from one point to the next in a straight line. And you might as well forget about sleeping. Coming off the ocean is a whole new thing as well. Now my body is prepared to catch my self from the next wave except there isn’t one. I also wore a motion sick patch behind my ear and I think I overdosed by accident. I became far sided in one hour and I am still waiting for it to wear off. I still can’t read any thing less than 4 feet away so if this is screwed up, take a wild guess why. My friend told me that the patches are lace with a chemical like LSD. I have two left. I think I’ll sell them on Ebay.

I just read my wife’s blog and I cried. The past three years have been very hard and expensive. The past three years have also been the most spiritual rewarding. I know that jobs come and go as well as the stresses that come with them. However, this store has been the most spiritual rewarding job that I have had and it has been the worst job (financially) that I have had. Since I have been back, almost all of my customers came in and asked me about my trip. They even remembered my name. For me, that’s weird. I feel that God is reminding me about all the people that I know through this store and how much I care for every one of them. I also think that I became a “missionary” throughout all of this. By the way, I don’t like the word “missionary” because it brings a stereotype in my mind (it is a personal thing that I must deal with).

I also wanted to thank you for walking with us through this journey. The love that is shared – it is overwhelming. Never in my life have I found a person, much less a group of people, that share the same passion and wants that we do. Our God is good.

With much love,
andrew