Sunday, July 13, 2003

I found a cool website called studylight.org. It has some cool reference stuff in it. I got curious and started browsing the forums. Some were in depth and some were discussing weather or not to boycott Bruce Almighty. Things like this get me pissed off. Our culture has created a grotesquely large amount of “fat” Christians who’s only spiritual thought is to find a new and exciting way to separate themselves from the culture (a.k.a. the real world). What’s worse, when this fact is brought to their attention, they calmer to be the first to say that they are being persecuted in the name of Christ. It irks me that there are books out there that teach you how to tell a complete stranger about God while trying to not be confrontational. How to be confrontational without being confrontational – yeah man that’s just what I have been looking for – give me like five of ‘em. Oye-veh.

Please excuse me. I’m venting.

Why do my people make this life that we live so complex that it is no longer attractive? Most people can’t comprehend the fact that Jesus’ main audience was the lower class. His life was documented by mere fishermen. The New Testament was written in every day language. There were no formalities about it. This ain’t rocket science. It is simple. So, why in the hell are there colleges (seminaries) that teach you how to make disciples? And what in Sam Hell is “ordained”? Peter said that we are all a “royal priesthood”. Not a select few of us.

I am gona go to take a nap now. Thanks for putting up with my box of soap.