Sunday, June 29, 2003

Prayer: a little dose of honesty.

I have been doing this whole Christian thing since I was in third grade. It has been a great journey so far and lately it has been a blast. For the past three years I have been exploring God. I have been trying to understand him and see him without the confines of the American church structure. I have seen more in three years than I have in my whole life but I think that I am only at the start of my journey.

What irks me is that though I may seek him, I can’t seem to find the time to just talk to him in prayer. I do pray but it is always seems short and sometimes without substance. I wonder if constantly thinking about Him and His works is the same as praying? I realize that the bible is a tool and that there are other things out there that scream His presence. I wonder in the same way: if praying is a form of communication, are there more forms out there? Am I utilizing another form of prayer?