Friday, June 20, 2003

Last Monday, Keith paid us a visit at our house church. What a cool guy. He ate while we finished up a set on HALO. We then sat at the table and talked for about 2 hours while sipping some 18 year old scotch. That sounds bad – we only had a shot or two. It was very comfortable. It is a great thing to hear of other people’s journeys in life. It is, in a strange way, very encouraging. The cool thing was that there wasn’t a bunch of preaching or bible reading. It was just plain life amongst friends and believers. Spiritual stuff was discussed, but that wasn’t the point of us being there. I have learned that “house church” in its simplest form is living life together and letting others in on it. When Thura started off, we did it big church style in a small venue. It was similar to Miller’s MGD concert series - Big band, small club (how’s that for practical application?). It didn’t work then and it won’t work now. Since then, I have grown to love each of our spiritual family nicknamed “Thura”. My wife and kids will be mentioned enough throughout my blog. Stacy, Lisa, and Serenity are more than sisters to me. I can’t put into words how much they mean to me. Then there is Gene. My brother. Very rarely does anyone have such a spiritual bond as us. David and his friend ______ (King Saul’s son) comes to mind, however King Saul’s son’s name doesn’t. Our spiritual passions are virtually the same in every way.
Despite my ramblings, we are a very close group of people. So come on by on Monday night and I’ll share some of Gene’s scotch with you. We will talk of the good old days of past and of the good old days that are yet to come. Just be prepared to eat, drink and be merry.