Wednesday, May 28, 2003

Ok, I’ve got yet another gripe.
It seems lately, that I have observed others including myself, they see the world, faith, love, -- everything as abstract. Everything seems so blurry. Now don’t get me wrong, for the secular world, I can see how that is true. But our world – the one that includes the Master – should be sharper than any plasma TV that has been invented or ever will be. This is puzzling to me. There shouldn’t be any doubts. I’m not saying that there is no room for exploring, I just feel that we shouldn’t waist our time debating stuff that has no eternal value. This includes the way we do church. Although we might debate over spiritual stuff, does it have eternal value? Here is where I’m going with this – I want to live a life like Paul. I haven’t heard him say “it’s ok that you believe that, I’m going to believe this and I don’t genuinely care about you”. I want my life to resemble what I read in I Corinthians 9:19-end. I want so much to know people. I want to get into their world and see their life. Then I can say that I can relate to them. Paul said that although I am a slave to no man, I will make myself a slave to everyone so that I can share the gospel with them. I don’t want to merely talk about the gospel, I want to be in on it. I’m tired of talking about stuff that is wasting my time. I know that I don’t have a lot of time left.